Cyclone Mocha (Representational Image)Image Credit source: PTI
Cyclone Mocha: cyclonic storm ‘mocha’ It has become more dangerous than before. Today it can knock near the Bangladesh-Myanmar border. A high alert has been sounded in both the countries regarding this. ‘Mocha’ is being described as one of the most powerful cyclonic storms. After 20 years, such a storm is knocking in Bangladesh. Winds are expected to blow at a speed of 240 kilometers per hour. Alert has been issued in many areas of Bangladesh regarding Mocha. Apart from this, warnings have also been issued to three ports. Lakhs of people have been evacuated from the coastal areas. Read 10 big updates related to this…
Also read- Cyclone Mocha in the Bay of Bengal, know how dangerous
Cyclone ‘Mocha’ becomes dangerous, 10 updates
- Azizur Rahman, head of the Bangladesh Meteorological Department, said Cyclone Mocha is the most powerful storm since Cyclone Sidr.
- In view of the cyclonic storm Mocha, Bangladesh has evacuated 1 lakh 90 thousand people from Cox’s Bazar and about 1 lakh people from Chittagong.
- Cox’s Bazar Marine The Cox’s Bazar Marine Port has been advised to hoist Great Danger No. 10. Chittagong port has been put on alert. At the same time, the examination to be held on Sunday in the National University has been postponed.
- According to the forecast, a storm surge of about 12 feet high has been predicted in Bangladesh in view of cyclone Mocha.
- Bangladesh official said Rohingya refugees have been moved from risky areas to safer places.
- According to the Meteorological Department, Cyclone Mocha will bring a deluge of rain, which can trigger landslides.
- State media reported that Myanmar authorities had also evacuated villages near the Rakhine coast.
- Myanmar Airways International said all its flights to Rakhine state have been suspended until Monday.
- The Myanmar Red Cross Society said it was preparing for an emergency.
- Operations at Bangladesh’s largest port Chittagong were suspended. Boat transport and fishing have also been banned.
Also read- How dangerous is the Mocha storm, know everything