US President Joe Biden and Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. (file photo)
45 days have passed since the war between Hamas and Israel. The IDF is entering Gaza and carrying out the operation. Iran supporting Hamas is just making statements. He has also made it clear that he will not directly enter this war. It is believed that its script has been written by US President Joe Biden. This strategy is the reason why Iran and its allies are not able to do anything even if they want to.
It is even said that many inducements have been given to Tehran by America. It promised to release billions of frozen dollars and lift sanctions in exchange for not intervening in the conflict. Additionally, US allies in Europe and the Middle East have been supportive of financial assistance to Iran to aid its economic and national recovery.
Iran has been a supporter of Hamas
On October 7, when Hamas entered Israel and carried out an attack and in response Israel launched an operation, Iran openly supported Hamas. Additionally, Hamas had sought help from Hezbollah, Iran and other Arab countries in the war, but Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said during a meeting this month with Hamas political bureau chief Ismail Haniyeh that Iran would not participate in the war. Will not enter.
Why is Iran silent?
- Iran probably did not expect the rapid deployment of American aircraft carriers. Sensing this danger, the Iranian leadership has probably decided not to jeopardize Tehran’s nuclear program, which is now considered to be in its final stages.
- Along with this, Iran’s air and missile defense systems are not as effective as was previously believed. An all-out conflict with Israel would risk exposing Tehran’s claims of military superiority.
- Involvement in the war could cause Iran to lose one of its most valuable assets, Hezbollah. The Lebanese terrorist group is precious to it, because it is the first line of defense against those who pose a threat to Tehran and is a precious card that Tehran does not want to lose.
- If the Iranian leadership intends to save its economy and introduce better programs for the Iranian people, it needs to unlock its billions of dollars of frozen funds and lift sanctions. Tehran realizes that the regime cannot be sustained for long if it does not pay attention to the reactions of youth to oppression, poverty and theocracy.
- Tehran has decided that it has a unique opportunity with the Gulf states, some of which have engaged in mediation on its behalf and have built strong trade ties. Iran wants to take advantage of the positive elements of the bilateral agreement between itself and Saudi Arabia brokered by China.
- If Tehran did indeed decide to change its ideology to save the regime, what favors would it accept from the US by abstaining from military intervention? Because Tehran is skeptical of any shift toward pragmatism and political realism. In this case the government will be forced to re-evaluate and rehabilitate its representatives.
read this also : The people of Gaza are being killed for 4000 years, Alexander, Pharaoh, Hadrian all have created massacre.