You will be able to watch YouTube for free even when the iPhone is locked, follow these steps (Photo: Freepik)
Many times you get to face some problems while using YouTube on your iPhone. One of which is the audio and video cut out when the device is locked or when switching apps while using YouTube. You need a YouTube Premium subscription to listen to YouTube audio in the background on iPhone. But today we will tell you a way in which you can play music in the background of your iPhone without any subscription.
YouTube offers a feature in its video app in which you can play music in the background. But you can do this only when you have a YouTube premium subscription. YouTube Monthly Premium costs $11.99 (Rs 989).
Also read: Journalist lost 40000 after being tricked, see UPI scam case
listen to background music on iphone without subscription
If you just want to listen to YouTube-hosted audio content such as podcasts, music, or podcasts, you can even keep the iPhone locked and in your pocket. You can do this without any subscription. For this, you have to use Apple’s popular browser Safari in the workaround. Apple Safari allows you to play videos even when the device is locked. Instead of streaming videos on mobile, you will have to switch to the desktop version of YouTube for this.
How to play YouTube videos in the background on iOS
- For this, first of all open Safari on iPhone and navigate to youtube.com.
- Here you select the video that you would like to listen to.
- Click on the menu button “aA” for Safari.
- Select the option of Request for desktop website here.
- Click on the play button to start the video. Meanwhile, if any pop-up comes which tells you for YouTube mobile app, ignore it.
- Now you can enjoy listening to music without any subscription by locking your iPhone.
- Note that the audio will stop when you lock your device. To resume it, click the play button in the lock screen playback control widget.
Read also: Gift Netflix, Hotstar subscription to mother on Mother’s Day, see 5 OTT plans