Prime Minister Narendra ModiImage Credit source: narendramodi.in
Whether meeting people face to face or connecting in a virtual way, Prime Minister Narendra Modi remains ahead in every matter. The power of social media in the 2014 general elections cannot be forgotten. On the basis of Modi wave and strong social media campaigning, BJP was able to oust Congress from power for 10 years. for the first time in that election social media This kind of use has been seen. Narendra Modi recognized the pulse of this technology and became the king of social media. He has crores of followers on platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.
Be it election campaign or public relations campaign, Narendra Modi definitely uses social media. On many occasions, they come online and give information about their decisions. Apart from this, attend public and official meetings in a virtual way. Modi is not only active on social media platforms, but also connects with people through radio and apps.
PM Modi: Digital journey of 9 years
Since becoming the Prime Minister for the first time in 2014, Narendra Modi has made a strong hold on social media. Let us see how Modi has created his own digital identity in the last 9 years.
- Twitter: Narendra Modi remains very active on the microblogging platform Twitter. He created the account in January 2009, while Twitter was launched in 2006. At present, PM Modi has 8.89 crore followers on Twitter. Whereas, the Prime Minister follows 2,546 people.
- Facebook: Narendra Modi’s official page on Facebook is followed by 48 million users. Looking at the details of the page, it seems that it was probably created in 2009. Here you get every update about PM Modi.
- Instagram: Narendra Modi’s presence will also be found on the photo and video sharing platform Instagram. He has 7.53 crore followers on Instagram. Modi joined Instagram in November 2014 and has posted 594 posts so far.
- YouTube: Modi also has an official channel on YouTube. Here you will see Modi doing public relations, discussion on exams, meeting with foreign leaders etc. This channel has 15 million subscribers and has received more than 3 billion views. 20 thousand videos have been uploaded from the channel created in 2007.
- Spotify: Narendra Modi is also active on Spotify. It is an audio streaming platform where recorded audio content is available. Here you can listen to the audio of PM Modi. You can use it especially for listening to ‘Mann Ki Baat’.
- Namo App: Namo App was launched on 11 June 2015. It has got 4.2 rating on Play Store. This app has been downloaded more than 10 million times so far. You can use this app for the latest updates and events of PM Modi.
Website and Virtual Presence
Apart from this, there is also the official website of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He can also be heard talking about Mann Ki Baat on the radio. At the same time, they connect directly with people through virtual meetings. If information has to be given about tough decisions like demonetisation or lockdown, then Modi also comes live.