Cricket News , – Cricket News
He was dismissed by Alzarri Joseph for 171 in his Test debut and Yashasvi Jaiswal holds many records in his…
Alzarri Joseph’s dismissal for 171 on his Test debut and Yashasvi Jaiswal holding many records. At the same time, Jaiswal hit 16 fours and 1 six in his brilliant innings. With his century on the second day, he became only the 17th Indian to score a century on his Test debut. At the same time, he became the first player to score a century in Test debut against West Indies (IND vs WI) in the Caribbean. Let’s know what other records this player recorded in his name.
Read also: IPL: Justin Langer becomes the new head coach of LSG, see which teams have been coaches
These records were registered in the name of Yashasvi Jaiswal
- His mammoth 229-run partnership with skipper Rohit Sharma also found its way into the record books.
- Yashasvi Jaiswal broke several records during his brilliant debut Test innings
- Yashasvi Jaiswal became the 17th Indian batsman to score a century on his debut Test. He joined an elite list of players like Lala Amarnath (118), Deepak
- Jaiswal, who faced 387 balls during his innings, broke the record for most balls (350) faced by an Indian on Test debut. He broke Azharuddin’s record of 322 balls.
- Yashasvi broke Sourav Ganguly’s record of scoring the most runs in his debut test on an overseas ground for Team India.
- Yashasvi is the third Indian batsman after Shikhar Dhawan (187) and Rohit Sharma (177) to score more than 150 in his Test debut.
- He is the third Indian batsman after Rohit Sharma (177) and Prithvi Shaw (134) to score a century on his Test debut against the West Indies.
- Jaiswal is the fourth youngest batsman to score a century on Test debut for Team India. Jaiswal, at 21 years, 197 days, is behind only Prithvi Shaw (18 years, 329 days), Abbas Ali Baig (20 years, 126 days).
- Yashasvi is the third Indian batsman after Rohit Sharma (177) and Prithvi Shaw (134) to score a century on his Test debut against the West Indies.
- With a 229-run partnership for the first wicket, Rohit and Jaiswal broke Virender Sehwag and Wasim Jaffer’s record for the highest opening partnership for India against the West Indies.
- He is now the first left-handed batsman from any country to score a century on Test debut against the West Indies in the Caribbean.
To read the news related to cricket and other sports (Latest Cricket News, Sports News, Breaking Sports News, Viral Video), follow us on Google News.