Team India will play the final match of the World Test Championship at The Oval (PC: Team India Instagram)
New Delhi.The distance from India to London is about 7500 KM. A flight from India and a few hours later directly to London, but Team India took 1 year, 9 months and 34 days to reach The Oval in London. Team India traveled more than 53000 KM during this period. The players stayed away from home and family, they fought hard, only then they got the ticket to The Oval. Now Team India has geared up to reach the destination. The team’s destination is the World Test Championship title, for which it will take on Australia at The Oval from June 7 to 11.
To reach the final, India faced one of the biggest teams in the world for almost 2 years. Toured England, South Africa, Bangladesh and then got the ticket for the title match cut. Now India has just and only one target, to achieve the title which it had missed last time. To become the champion of Test cricket is the goal of Rohit Sharma’s team at this time. India’s journey to this final started a few months after the last time they lost to New Zealand in the title match.
read this also- Australian players surprised by Kohli’s practice
India’s journey till WTC Final 2023
- Shortly after losing the final of the first World Test Championship to New Zealand i.e. in August 2021, Team India went on a tour of England. A series of 5 Test matches was to be played between the two. Where 4 Tests could be held and the 5th and last Test of the series was postponed till July 2022. The result of this series came out in 2022. This series of 5 matches was drawn 2-2.
- In December 2021, India played a 2-Test home series against New Zealand and India won the series 1-0.
read this also- Discussion of this Indian in Australian team before WTC Final
- Between December 2021 and January 2022, the Indian team lost the 3-Test series 1-2 to the hosts on the tour of South Africa.
- In March 2022, India played a 2-Test home series against Sri Lanka, in which it made a clean sweep 2–0.
- On the tour of Bangladesh in December 2022, India won the two-Test series 2-0.
Preparations, adapting to the conditions and getting into the #WTC23 Final groove 🙌
Full Video 🎥🔽https://t.co/AyJN4GzSRD pic.twitter.com/x5wRxTn99b
— BCCI (@BCCI) May 31, 2023
- India won the 4 test match home series 2–1 against Australia in February–March 2023.
- India started their journey to reach the final of the World Test Champions from Nottingham, London, Leeds, Kanpur, Mumbai, Centurion, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Mohali, Bengaluru, Birmingham, Chittagong, Mirpur, Nagpur, Delhi, Indore, Ahmedabad While reaching its last destination The Oval.