When Virat Kohli scored a brilliant century, Duplesey also played a strong innings.Image Credit source: PTI
New Delhi: After full 1490 days, that opportunity has come in IPL, which was waiting for a long time. Superstar Indian batsman and former captain of Royal Challengers Bangalore Virat Kohli Has already scored a century in the IPL 2023 season. Kohli scored a tremendous century on the evening of Thursday 18 May against Sunrisers Hyderabad. With this century, Kohli not only ended the wait since 2019, but also made some records in his name.
This match was important for Bangalore in terms of the playoff race in Hyderabad. Virat Kohli (100) made the team win by scoring a century on such an occasion. Kohli had earlier scored the last IPL century against Kolkata Knight Riders on 19 April 2019. In Hyderabad, Kohli and captain Faf Duplesey together achieved some special milestones for the team.
read this also: Duplessy-Kohli made a record together
One century, many wonders
- This is Virat Kohli’s sixth century in IPL. In this way, he has come on par with Chris Gayle’s record in terms of scoring the most centuries in the history of the tournament. Gayle also has 6 centuries.
- Not only this, Kohli is the Indian batsman with the most centuries in IPL. Earlier also the record was in the name of Kohli.
- Along with this, Kohli is also the batsman who has scored the most centuries in IPL for a team. All 6 centuries of Kohli have come for Bangalore. In this way he left behind Gayle (5- Bangalore) and Jos Buttler (5- Rajasthan Royals).
- Kohli completed his century with a six. He is the first batsman in IPL history, who scored three sixes to complete his century.
- Virat Kohli has completed 7500 runs (including IPL and Champions League) for Bangalore. He has also become the first batsman in the world to score 7500 T20 runs for a team.
- In this match, before Kohli, Heinrich Klaasen of Hyderabad also scored a century. In this way, this is the first match in the history of IPL, where centuries have been scored by both the teams.
- This is the third time in IPL, when two centuries have been scored in one match and Bangalore has been involved in all three. In 2016, Kohli and AB de Villiers scored centuries for Bangalore. Whereas in 2019, this amazing thing happened from Hyderabad. Then David Warner and Johnny Bairstow did wonders.
- There was a 172-run partnership between Kohli and Faf Duplesey. This is the record of the biggest partnership for any wicket in this season. The previous record (148) was also in the name of both of them.
- The Kohli-Duplessis partnership has been fantastic this season. Both have scored 872 runs in 13 innings while batting together. This is the best performance of any opening pair in a season in IPL history.
read this also: Bangalore washed again by its own old partner