Rahul Dravid Birthday: Team India Head Coach Rahul Dravid will celebrate his 49th birthday on Tuesday (11 January 2022). Team India would like to give a wonderful gift to Rahul Dravid by winning it on this birthday, because if Team India wins in Cape Town, then it will be the first time in history that India will win a Test series in South Africa (India vs South Africa Test). We are telling you here from the beginning of Rahul Dravid’s cricket career, his love life, his journey from performance in the national team to coaching.
Rahul Dravid Birthday: Born in Indore
- Rahul Dravid was born (11 January 1973) in the city of Indore, Madhya Pradesh in a Marathi Brahmin family. Later his family shifted to Bangalore, Karnataka. The only language of Rahul Dravid (Rahul Dravid Mother Tongue) is Marathi.
- When Rahul Dravid was selected in the India National Team, Dravid was doing MBA. Apart from Hindi English, he knows Kannada and Marathi languages.
Rahul Dravid Cricket Career – Rahul Dravid Cricket Career
- Rahul Dravid started playing cricket at the age of 12. He played in the Under 15 cricket team for Karnataka. After this Rahul Dravid was included in the Under 17 and Under 19 team. Rahul Dravid was first noticed by former cricketer Keki Tarapore. Rahul Dravid played as a wicket-keeper batsman at the Chinnaswamy Stadium, the former cricketer was very happy to see his talent.
- Rahul Dravid made his Ranji Trophy debut in February 1991. He scored 82 runs in the first match against Maharashtra. Dravid played his first full season in the Ranji Trophy in 1991–92, in which he scored a total of 380 runs.
- Rahul Dravid made his international debut against Sri Lanka. After this, Rahul made his Test debut at Lord’s. Rahul Dravid scored 10889 runs in 344 ODIs, including 83 fifties and 12 centuries.
- Rahul Dravid scored 13288 runs in 286 innings in Test cricket. Dravid scored 63 fifties and 36 centuries in this format.
Rahul Dravid Wife- Family Friend was the winner and Dravid
Rahul Dravid married Vijeta Pendharkar in 2003. The family of Rahul Dravid and Vijeta knew each other for 35 years. That is, Dravid and Vijeta were family friends. Due to this reason, there was recognition between Dravid and Vijeta, then there was friendship and love between the two. Both got married in 2003.
However, it was both a love story and an arranged one, because when the family came to know that both of them wanted each other, the family agreed to marry both of them.
Team India Head Coach- Rahul is on his first foreign tour as head coach
While being the head coach of the Under 19 cricket team, Rahul Dravid trained many players, who are part of the national team today. He was the head of the National Cricket Academy. In November 2021, Rahul Dravid officially took over as the head coach of Team India. Right now Team India is on South Africa tour under Rahul’s coaching (India vs South Africa Test). This is Rahul Dravid’s first foreign tour as a coach.