India vs Australia: After the Test between India and Australia, now a 3-match ODI series will be played. Before this year’s World Cup, this is the biggest opportunity for India to test its preparations.
Image credit source: bcci twitter
Mumbai. The series of three ODIs between India and Australia will start from Friday. India also has a chance to test its preparations for this year’s World Cup. In the absence of Rohit Sharma, Hardik Pandya will lead the team in the first ODI. In such a situation, it will be interesting to see how Pandya deals with the 5 dangers of Australia. Australia’s 5 threats in this series can increase India’s headache and the names of these threats are Steve Smith, Adam Zampa, Travis Head, David Warner and Cameron Green, these 5 players will test India.
Virat Kohli is in excellent form at the moment. In the last Test match against Australia, he played a big innings of 186 runs, but now his biggest opponent is standing in front of him in ODIs.
read this also- What he did with 25 players in 15 months, today he will do in IND vs AUS match, 10 overs is enough in Mumbai!
- Adam Zampa is the biggest opponent of Virat Kohli. In international cricket, Zampa dismissed Kohli the most 8 times. Hunted Kohli 5 times in ODIs and 3 times in T20s. Now it will be interesting to see how Kohli gets rid of Zampa.
- In the absence of Pat Cummins, Steve Smith is taking charge and under Smith’s captaincy, Australia did wonders in the last two Test matches. Indore Test was won by Australia and Ahmedabad Test was a draw. Smith captained Australia’s ODI team in India in 2017.
read this also- Umpiring in 435 matches including 4 World Cup finals, now Aleem Dar left ICC Elite Panel
- David Warner is also India’s biggest challenge in this series. He scored 391 runs in 8 ODIs in India at an average of 55.85. During this, his strike rate was slightly less than 100 at 96.67. Has scored 3 centuries and 6 half-centuries against India. Not only this, India is one of the teams against which he hit maximum fours and sixes.
- All-rounder Cameron Green has played only one ODI against India, but seeing his record against India in other formats, he is going to give tension to India in this series as well. He played 10 matches against India, in which he scored 510 runs. He got only 1 wicket, but proved to be an amazing fielder by taking 8 catches. Last year itself, in the T20 match against India in Hyderabad, he smashed the bowlers and hit a half-century off 19 balls.
- Stopping Australia’s wicket-keeper batsman Travis Head will also be a challenge for India. He is running in excellent form. He played an inning of 90 runs in the Ahmedabad Test. Earlier, he stayed at the crease in the Indore Test and won the team by hitting an unbeaten 49 runs. He has played 5 ODIs against India, in which he scored 119 runs and he played all these five matches in India only.