India vs Australia: India has won the Border-Gavaskar Trophy for the fourth time in a row. India captured the series 2-1
Image credit source: bcci twitter
New Delhi. The fourth Test match played between India and Australia in Ahmedabad was a draw. With this, India once again won the Border-Gavaskar Trophy by 2-1. The result of Border Gavaskar Trophy has not changed for the last 6 years. India captured the last 4 trophies. In 2017, 2019, 2021 and now in 2023 India won the trophy by 2-1 only. Under the leadership of Rohit Sharma, India had won unilaterally in Nagpur and Delhi Tests, but Australia opened their account by winning in Indore.
Australia tried to equalize the series in Ahmedabad, but it could not happen. Australia scored 480 runs while batting first in Ahmedabad. After this, India scored 571 runs in its first innings. Australia had made 175 for 2 wickets by the end of the 5th and last day’s play. India rained records as soon as they won the Border Gavaskar Trophy.
read this also- India beat Australia for the fourth time in a row, captured the Border-Gavaskar series 2-1
- India continues to rock at home. Team India has won its 16th consecutive Test series at home.
- R Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja were jointly Player of the Series. Ashwin is the second player to win the most 10 Player of the Series in Test cricket. Muttiah Muralitharan is on top with 11 awards.
- Usman Khawaja scored the highest 333 runs in this series. Virat Kohli is at number two with 297 runs.
- Virat Kohli was the player of the match in the fourth test match. He won this award after 40 months in Test cricket. He won this award for the 10th time in Tests. Kohli had played an inning of 186 runs.
- India won the Border Gavaskar Trophy for the fourth consecutive time at home. Earlier in 2017, 2019 and 2021, India had won the title.
read this also- IND vs AUS: 6 years 4 series and the same result, know how Australia’s work was done