6 players including Prithvi Shaw, Ben Stokes, Joffra Archer have disappointed their team a lot (PC: iplt20)
New Delhi, Exactly after 10 days the world will get the champion of IPL 2023. The battle of 10 teams will reach the point. This season of IPL has given many new players to the world, on whom each and every franchise has been eyeing. At the same time, there are 6 such players, by whose name the teams caught their ears. After the end of IPL 2023, the death of these 6 players is going to come.
Ben Stokes, Sam Karan, Harry Brook, Joffra Archer, Dinesh Karthik and Prithvi Shaw are the players on whom the franchises showered money, but they could not perform money-saving for the team this season and now these 6 players The sword hangs.
read this also- How did Dhoni make Shaw ‘come back’?
- Ben Stokes He withdrew from the IPL last year to focus on international cricket, but then he participated in the IPL 2023 auction and was bought by Chennai Super Kings for a whopping Rs 16.25 crore. He could play only 2 matches so far this season. On 3 April, he played his last IPL match against Lucknow Super Giants. In both the matches, he could neither walk with the bat nor open the account with the ball. After this, such news also came that he will not bowl in IPL due to Ashes series. Stokes had bowled only one over this season. In such a situation, it proved to be a very expensive deal for Chennai.
A yellowlovely evening with our most bankable Singams!#WhistlePodu #yellove @ICICIBank pic.twitter.com/u2Vyz8bQ9U
— Chennai Super Kings (@ChennaiIPL) May 16, 2023
- Sam Karan As Punjab Kings made the most expensive purchase in IPL history in the auction. Sam Karan was bought by Punjab for Rs 18.5 crore. He became the most expensive player in IPL history. Punjab had showered money on Sam Karan with the hope that he could change the fortunes of the team, but now Punjab is struggling to make it to the playoffs. Sam Karan is neither able to take wickets nor can he get runs from his bat. In 13 matches, he was able to score only 227 runs including one fifty. At the same time, he was able to take a total of 9 wickets.
read this also-IPL 2023: 20 lakh bowler heavy on 30.25 crore players!
- harry brook Playing for the first time in IPL 2023. Sunrisers Hyderabad bought him for Rs 13.25 crores. Brook scored a total of 190 runs in 10 matches. He scored an unbeaten 100 against Kolkata Knight Riders. After which it seemed that he has come in form, but after this century, he could not even reach fifty, let alone 20 runs. He could not even open the account for 2 consecutive times. Hyderabad must also be feeling cheated after Brook’s performance.
Remember the name – Harry Brook#KKRvsSRH #IPL2023 #HarryBrookpic.twitter.com/lJqLaB7Hoc
Mayur (@133_AT_Hobart) April 14, 2023
- jofra archer In IPL 2022, Mumbai Indians bought him for Rs 8 crore despite knowing that he is injured and will not be able to play the 2022 season. Archer returned in 2023, but due to his strength Mumbai had spent crores of rupees on him, it appeared missing. He is also out of this season after playing 5 matches. Even in 5 matches, he was able to take only 2 wickets. The England Cricket Board is constantly keeping an eye on Archer’s injury. Looking at his fitness and performance, Mumbai Indians can take a big decision.
- Dinesh Karthik Was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore in the mega auction last season for Rs 5.5 crore. Last season, he made a comeback in the Indian team after scoring 330 runs in 16 matches, but this season he could score only 140 runs in 12 matches at an average of 12.73. Not only batting, Bengaluru must be regretting seeing his wicketkeeping. Due to his poor wicketkeeping, RCB lost the match against Lucknow Super Giants. Lucknow needed one run on the last ball, but in a hurry, Karthik could not catch the ball and the ball went out of his hands. Taking advantage of this opportunity, non-striker Ravi Bishnoi completed one run. There are also reports that this is Karthik’s last season.
From working hard towards an impactful comeback to making the most out of batting conditions 🙌
Presenting Dharamsala Diaries 🏟️ ft. @DelhiCapitals Captain @davidwarner31 , @PrithviShaw
Full Interview 🎥🔽 #TATAIPL , #PBKSvDC https://t.co/Rk5T4OL0vW pic.twitter.com/ZU3GyJrIwE
— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) May 18, 2023
- Prithvi Shaw He is the star batsman of Delhi Capitals. He has been a part of this team since the beginning. Some of his seasons went well for Delhi, but his last 2 seasons were very bad. Last year, he scored 283 runs in 10 matches at an average of 28.30. Whereas this season his performance fell even more badly. He was able to score only 101 runs in 7 matches at an average of 14.42. Out of this, he scored 58 runs against Punjab when, despite being given a chance in 6 matches, he flopped badly and was dropped from the team. After being out of the team for almost a month, he returned against Punjab and hit Fifty, but there was a lot of delay in his form coming. By the time he returned to form, his team was out of IPL 2023 itself. His performance falling for 2 consecutive seasons can create problems for him.