Since Rahul Gandhi’s speech on Adani-Modi relations in the Parliament on February 7, a sequence of actions is visible against Congress leaders. Now the Congress says that the decision of the Surat court is also related to the said speech of Rahul Gandhi.
New Delhi: On Friday afternoon, Congress General Secretary Jairam Ramesh wrote on Twitter that ‘9 days after Rahul Gandhi’s speech on Adani in the Lok Sabha on February 7, the defamation case against him on February 16 would have been accelerated due to the complainant withdrawing his stay in the High Court. Is. On February 27, the debate resumed after one year. 17 March Verdict Reserv. Is it just a coincidence?’
Regarding Adani in the Lok Sabha on February 7 @RahulGandhi The defamation case against him gathers momentum as the complainant withdraws his stay in the HC on February 16, 9 days after his speech.
On 27 February the debate resumed after 1 year.
17 Mar. Verdict Reserv.
Is this just a coincidence?
— Jairam Ramesh (@Jairam_Ramesh) March 24, 2023
According to the report, the Congress has alleged that there is no coincidence between the resumption of the hearing of the complainant in the Surat case against Rahul Gandhi after the hearing was stayed, but there is some other reason as well. Usually the defendant does this in a case.
It is noteworthy that the said case was registered on April 16, 2019 and on June 24, 2021, Rahul Gandhi appeared in person before Surat’s then CJM AN Dave to record his statement. The case was filed by a cabinet minister in the state of Gujarat and a three-time MLA from Surat West. In March 2022, when the complainant’s request to recall Rahul Gandhi was rejected by the CJM, who insisted on starting the debate immediately. After this, the complainant immediately reached the High Court and demanded a stay on the hearing, which was allowed on March 7, 2022.
After a break of 11 months, the complainant again approached the High Court on February 16, 2023, arguing that ‘enough evidence has come on the record of the trial court and the trial is being delayed due to the pendency of the present case’. However, since the stay, no new evidence had come on record and the ‘pending of the matter’ was entirely at his behest. But once again the complainant was accepted.
Complainant Purnesh Modi’s decision to resume the case, which he himself had put on hold for a year, comes as Rahul Gandhi’s parliamentarian Narendra Modi’s businessman Gautam, who has been facing charges of cheating and manipulation for some time, Taken barely a week after the attack on Adani’s ties.
It seems that due to the speech of Congress MP Rahul Gandhi in the Lok Sabha on 7th February, many works were done very fast in the Parliament which is far away from Surat. On February 8, at the behest of Speaker Om Birla, portions of Rahul Gandhi’s speech on the Prime Minister’s links to the Adani group were expunged from the parliamentary records. Total 18 shares were removed from the record Was.
- The conversation between Birla and Gandhi at the end of the speech, when Speaker Birla asked Gandhi to refrain from commenting that the microphone could be muted if an opposition member criticized the central government. Gandhi responded by saying that the fact is that earlier also when opposition members tried to point out the failures of the central government, the mike was muted.
- On February 10, Congress MP Rajni Patil was expelled from the Rajya Sabha for the current session for allegedly recording the proceedings of the House. Suspended was done. This happened when the opposition raised slogans of ‘Modi-Adani Bhai Bhai’ in the Well of the House. The clip that Patil had put up shared pictures of opposition MPs shouting, which were not shown by Sansad TV.
- In a controversial move, the Rajya Sabha Chairman asked a Committee of Privileges to probe the ‘misbehavior’ of 12 opposition MPs. According to the Rajya Sabha bulletin, nine MPs are from the Congress and three from the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).
- Assam Police arrested senior Congress leader Pawan Khera in connection with an FIR lodged against him for allegedly using objectionable words against Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Kheda mispronounced the name of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s father while talking to reporters on the Congress’s demand for a JPC inquiry into Gautam Adani’s issue. He had spoken ‘Narendra Gautam Das’ instead of ‘Narendra Damodar Das’. After this, he immediately apologized and corrected his mistake. But in the last week of February, at the beginning of the journey of the leaders going to Raipur for the national convention of the Congress, the New Delhi airport was turned into a cantonment and the security personnel took Kheda off the flight. Later in the same evening, he got interim bail from the Supreme Court and was released.
- The Congress had in March alleged that audio in Parliament was muted to silence voices of protest against the government for not allowing a discussion on the Adani controversy and not setting up a JPC to investigate allegations against the Adani group. I went. The ruling BJP maintained that the audio had gone missing due to a ‘technical glitch’.
- Meanwhile, on March 22, the Congress has completed the ‘Hum Adani Ke Hain Kaun’ series with its 100th question asked to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He had asked- Will SEBI, ED, Ministry of Corporate Affairs and CBI take action against Adani Group? But the Parliament was never allowed to run by the Treasury Bench, so nothing could be said about it in the Parliament.
- Rahul Gandhi was not allowed to speak in the House, he wrote a letter to the Speaker of the Lok Sabha twice saying that he was being denied his right to reply and be heard as a member of Parliament.
It is difficult to prove that Rahul Gandhi’s disqualification from the Lok Sabha has a direct Adani connection, but the sequence of events raises enough questions about such a possibility.
read this also…
Categories: India, Politics, Special