CM Bhupesh Baghel and other leaders releasing the party’s manifesto in Rajnandgaon.
Congress Party has released the manifesto for Chhattisgarh Assembly elections on Sunday. Releasing the manifesto, State Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel has said that if his government returns, caste-based census of Scheduled Castes, Tribes, Backward Classes, General Classes and minorities will be conducted in the state. CM has said that this will not only give political benefits to those castes which are backward in these classes but the government will also give them social and economic benefits by making a special policy for them.
He said that caste based census is very important. CM said that like before in the state, this time also the loans of farmers will be waived off. Along with this, 20 quintals of paddy per acre will also be purchased. The selling rate for this will be Rs 3200 per quintal.
Also read- Live murder during campaign, who is the BJP leader who was killed by Naxalites?
At the same time, electricity bills of up to 200 units of the people of the state will be free. A subsidy of Rs 500 will also be given on gas cylinder. Apart from this, houses will be provided to 17.5 lakh poor families. While making a big announcement for education, the CM said that if his government is formed, education from KG to PG will be free in all government schools and colleges.
Major points of the manifesto-
- All government schools in the state will be converted into Swami Atmanand schools.
- Those injured in accidents will be treated free of cost.
- Tivara will also be purchased at support price.
- Loans of transport businessmen will be waived off.
- Youth will be given 50 percent subsidy in industrial business loans.
- The government will arrange wood for the funeral.
- 700 new rural industrial parks will be established in the state.
- An additional Rs 10 per kg will be given on the MSP of minor forest produce.
- The landless will be given Rs 10,000 every year.
CM said that under his government’s Dr. Khubchand Baghel Health Assistance Scheme, now instead of Rs 5 lakh, the poor class will be given Rs 10 lakh for treatment, and the families above the poverty line will now be given Rs 5 lakh instead of Rs 50 thousand. Assistance amount up to Rs.
Also read- Free ration will be available for 5 more years, 80 crore poor will benefit – PM’s announcement