The Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) will start the registration for the NEET PG counseling process from tomorrow, January 12. MCC has released the final schedule of PG counseling for admission to MD, MS, Diploma, PG DNB courses. NEET PG counseling committee has also informed the applicants with the changes in the counseling process which will be implemented from 2021-22 academic session.
According to this, the number of NEET PG seats has been verified for the first round of counseling in all the institutes from 07 to 10 January 2022. Now the online registration for the first round will start from January 12. This time 6 major changes have been made in the counseling process of NEET PG.
The process of registration, fee payment, choice filling and locking for NEET PG first round counseling will be held from January 12 to 17, 2022. The seat allotment will be done on 20th and 21st January 2022. After this, the result of NEET PG counseling first round (NEET PG counseling result 2021) will be released on 22 January 2022. The whole process of counseling will end on March 16, 2022.
6 major changes in NEET PG 2021 counseling
1. This time the counseling for NEET PG All India Quota seats (NEET PG AIQ Counseling 2021) will be conducted in a total of 4 rounds – Round 1, Round 2, Mop-up Round and Stray Vacancy Round. Earlier this counseling had only two rounds.
2. The seats which were left after the second round of AIQ counseling were returned to the states earlier. But this time it will not happen after round 2. The seats will not be returned to the states.
3. Vacant seats of NRI/Muslim minority/Jain minority were returned to the Deemed Universities after the mop-up round. Then the university used to conduct Stray Vacancy round counseling on them. But this time all these seats will be converted into Indian citizens. Out of these reserved seats which remain vacant during the mop-up round, they will be converted into Indian National seats before returning them to the Deemed University.
4. Rules for Reservation in NEET PG 2021 Counseling – 15 percent seats for SC, 7.5 percent for ST, 27 percent for OBC (NCL) (as per Central OBC list), 10 percent reservation for EWS, for Divyang category There will be 5 percent horizontal reservation. The difference is that earlier OBC and EWS reservations were only in central universities, but this time they are being implemented in state seats as well.
5. This time the counseling for PG DNB seats (PG DNB Counseling 2021) is also being done by MBB. It was not like this before.
6. This time the counseling of NEET PG Stray vacancy round will be conducted by MCC in online mode for all Central University, All India Quota and DNB seats. Earlier Stray Vacancy Counseling Round was conducted only in Central Universities and Institutes. The institutes themselves used to conduct this round on offline mode.
Complete Schedule of NEET PG Counseling from this Direct Link
first published:Jan. 11, 2022, 6:19 p.m.