Gujarat: Two scavengers die while cleaning sewer in Surat

Date:

India

The incident took place in a residential building in Chalthan area of ​​Surat district. On Tuesday evening, a few minutes after they entered the sewer, both of them fainted due to poisonous gas, police said. Local people took him out and took him to the hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead.

(Symbol Photo: PTI)

face: In Gujarat, two scavengers died due to poisonous gas while cleaning the sewer of a residential building in Chalthan area of ​​Surat district. Both the employees were relatives. The police gave this information on Tuesday.

Police have identified the deceased as Pramod Teji (30) and his relative Vishal Pol (38), who were natives of Rajasthan and were currently living in Palsana near Surat city.

The two were hired by the management of a residential building in Chalthan to clean the underground sewer line on Monday, said SM Patel, sub-inspector of police of Surat Rural’s Kadodara-GIDC police station.

Patel said, ‘A few minutes after entering the sewer in the evening, both of them fainted due to poisonous gas. On learning about the incident, the local people somehow pulled him out and called an ambulance. He was taken to a nearby hospital, but the doctors declared him brought dead.

The police have started investigation by registering a case of accidental death, the official said.

Categories: india society

Tagged as: Death in Septic Tank, Gujarat, Manual Scavenging, News, Septic Tank, Sewer, Sewer cleaning death, Surat, The Wire Hindi, Two scavengers died

.

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related