Hakimuddin Nasir, Mahasamund: A heart-breaking incident has come to the fore in village Paterapali of Kotwali police station area in Mahasamund district of Chhattisgarh, where two villagers who went to Sitali Nala diversion for fishing, died due to electrocution.
In fact, the residents of village Paterapali, Sakhuram Dhruv, Jivraj Dhruv, Shankarlal Ghadah, Mohan Lal Savra and Kanhai Yadav came back after working in MNREGA and went fishing in the Sitali Nala diversion adjacent to the village. After reaching there, Jeevraj Dhruv age 55 and Sakhuram Dhruv age 60 years started laying nets in water. The submersible pump for irrigation was on and one of its wires was touching the water.
As soon as Jivraj came in contact with him, he started sobbing. When Sakhu Ram went to Dhruva to save Jeevraj, he also got caught in the current. The other three people were preparing to get into the water and when they shouted at the sight, the people working in the field turned off the pump. By then Jivraj Dhruv and Sakhu Ram Dhruv had died.
After that the rest of the fellow people informed Kotwar and Kotwar informed the police. The police reached the information and brought the bodies of both the dead to the district hospital for the PM by performing panchnama. While the eyewitnesses and Kotwar are telling the death due to electrocution, while the police is investigating all the points by establishing a road. There is silence in the village after the incident.
first published:Feb. 26, 2022, 5:08 pm