In summer, everyone is troubled by the scorching heat and the unsettling heat. In such a situation, everyone tries to keep the house cool and avoid heat, humidity and sweat. Here we are giving many such useful tips, by adopting which you can keep your house cool in summer.
- Temperature can be controlled with thermocouple. The easiest and cheapest way to keep the house cool is by getting thermocol sealing done. It is most beneficial under a tin shed.
- Install exhaust fan in the house. It throws out the hot air inside the room and also keeps the room cool.
- For cooling of the kitchen, it is necessary to have adequate ventilation. Use exhaust fan along with keeping the kitchen windows open. Install an electric chimney in the kitchen, this will help in taking out the heat from the kitchen and will also maintain freshness in the room.
Also read: Are you also taking a house on rent.. take special care of these things (Things To Check Before Renting A House)
- If you install a regulator with the exhaust, you can reduce its speed in the morning. If your room is big, then first place an exhaust on the opposite side of the window where there is another window, so that the hot air from above can go out and this will keep the room cool.
- Do you know that 30% of the heat in your room increases because of your window? Note that in any house or room, most of the heat spreads due to windows. In such a situation, it is important to put light shade cotton curtains on the windows.
- At night, turn on the table fan facing the window. It will draw in the cold air from outside. Also keep the kitchen exhaust on, so that hot air also keeps coming out.
- The terrace can be kept cool by using lime and Fevicol. If your house is very big and has a terrace, then apply lime on your terrace. For this, soak lime in an iron bucket overnight. In the morning, mix Fevicol in it and apply it thoroughly on the terrace in the same way as you paint walls. Leave it like this for a day, then apply lime again the next day thoroughly like paint. Due to this, the terrace will not get heated by the sun and the roof will remain cool. Besides, this will also cause a difference of 6 to 7 degrees in the temperature of your room.
- Sprinkle water on the ceiling of the room in the evening after sunset. This will release the heat from the ceiling and provide cool air by running the fan at night. You can keep the room cool by spraying water on the ceiling in the morning and evening.
- Plant cooling plants in the room. Plants can be kept outside the house, on the balcony and at many other places. This also reduces heat and the temperature of the house can be reduced by 7-8 degrees. Due to this, the air in the house remains cool due to the oxygen released by these plants.
- If possible, plant a shady tree outside the window. This will not only keep the house cool but will also help in reducing global warming.
- Wash the balcony of the house thoroughly with water in the evening, this will also keep the house cool.
- Poppy seeds are available in the market. Wet it and apply it on the door. This will bring cool air into the room.
- Put ice in a vessel and keep it in the room at night. Within some time the temperature of the room will start decreasing. If there is a table fan in the room, then turn it on and keep a vessel filled with ice in front of it. Within no time the whole room will become cool-cool-cool.
- If you have a cooler at home, put some ice cubes in its tank. With this your cooler will start working like an AC. Within some time, cold air will start coming out from the cooler, due to which the entire room will cool down.
- During the day, solar radiations are absorbed by the terrace, hence if the color of the terrace is dark, it becomes hotter. In such a situation, if white paint or POP is done on the terrace, its hot effect can be reduced, because white color works as a reflector.
- The heat of the room due to strong sunlight can also be removed through curtains. Dark colored curtains attract sunlight, so it would be better if you use light colored, white or pastel colored curtains. This will protect you from sunlight and the house will also remain cool.
- Close the windows when going out of the house and open them in the evening. This also keeps the house cool.
- In summer, dark colors give more feeling of heat, so try to use mostly light and light colors. If your bedroom bed cover is dark in color, then remove it and use light pink, yellow or white colored and cotton cover. Keep in mind, red and blue colors increase heat, so it would be better to avoid them.
Also read: How to do home decor according to zodiac sign? (How to design your home according to your zodiac sign)
- If possible at night, keep some part of the room open from where cool air can enter the room.
- To create a cool feeling in the house, color the walls with sky blue, light green colors. These colors give relief to the eyes. Green color absorbs less heat, which keeps the room cool.
- Keep cross ventilation in the rooms. Due to this, there is no much heat, fresh air also comes in well and the room remains cool.
- Keep the windows of the room closed, especially those facing south, and curtains can be drawn to keep the room cool.
- If you want, you can also protect yourself from sun and heat by spreading thermocol sheets on the terrace.
- False ceiling can be installed on the roofs. This will create an additional layer under the roof and the heating of the roof due to sunlight will not affect the inside of the room.
Take care of these things also
* Lights also play a special role in increasing and decreasing the temperature of the room, do not use very bright bulbs.
* If you have laid carpet or rug in the house, then remove it, because this also keeps the house warm.
* Use less gadgets, because electrical appliances produce a lot of heat. Therefore, try not to use TV, washing machine, oven etc. if not necessary.
* One should also develop the habit of drinking more water in summer, so that the body does not get dehydrated and also remains cool. Apart from this, drink sherbet and juice. Among seasonal fruits, also eat watermelon, melon, cucumber etc. Wear cotton and light colored clothes as much as possible. All these measures maintain coolness in the body.
– Usha Gupta
Subscribe Meri Saheli Ka 12 Issues (Physical Copy) only for Rs 999 (840+159 Registered Post/Courier and other charges) and get a gift coupon of Rs 1000 and 12 digital issues absolutely free