PM Modi gifted a 7.5 carat lab made diamond to First Lady Jill Biden.
second day of american tour PM Modi for a private dinner the White House Arrived. President Joe Biden And the First Lady welcomed him. PM Modi gifted a special box made of Mysore sandalwood to Biden and an eco-friendly diamond to First Lady Jill Biden. This diamond is special. This eco-friendly diamond of 7.5 carats has been prepared in the lab. It looks just like a normal diamond.
In such a situation, the question is why it is called Green Diamond, how it is prepared and why PM Modi gifted it. Let’s understand it.
How special is the diamond made in the lab, 5 big things
- How different: Usually a diamond is formed at a depth of several kilometers in the ground, but it is difficult to differentiate between a lab-grown diamond and a normal diamond. This is the reason why it is called artificial diamond. It takes about 20 to 30 days to make a diamond in the lab.
- That’s why it is called eco-friendly diamond: Without a microscope it is difficult to differentiate between normal and lab made diamonds. Presently such diamonds are being manufactured in the country. These are being prepared in Gujarat. It has more than 400 factories in Gujarat. There is no harm to the environment in preparing it, that is why it is called eco-friendly or green diamond.
- It is made like this: Generally, the pressure exerted on the carbon particles in the earth is responsible for the formation of Hero, in the same way, a special kind of pressure is created in the lab as well. The special kind of pressure and temperature on the carbon particles prepares the diamond.
- Certified Diamond: The diamond that PM Modi gave to Jill Biden was made with this technique. This diamond is certified from Gemological Lab. It has 4-C hallmark. Which has been stamped after testing on four parameters (C) like cut, color, carat and clarity.
- Papier Mache of Kashmir: The special thing is that the box in which the green diamond is kept is called papier mache. It has been prepared in Kashmir. The impression of the art there is visible on it.
Why did PM Modi give Diamond as a gift?
For the past some time, the Government of India is focusing on the diamond made in the lab. In the budget speech this year, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had said that the IITs of the country will be entrusted with the responsibility of making diamonds in the lab. Grant will be given to IIT for this. There is a preparation to make India its manufacturing hub. In this way the import of diamonds will decrease and the youth will get employment in the country.
According to a report, a large part of the diamonds sold worldwide comes here. Here their cutting and polishing work is done. Manufacturing of diamonds in the country’s lab will have a positive impact on its business.