Update this information in your Aadhaar by June 14Image Credit source: Representational Image
If you want to update any document in your Aadhaar card, then you can update it for free now, for this you will not have to pay any money. Because the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is giving free opportunity to all the citizens of the country to update the documents in their Aadhaar online till June 14, 2023. Generally, there is a charge of 50 for updating the Aadhaar details. However, updating demographic details online through the official website of UIDAI will be absolutely free till June 14.
You have to keep in mind that this service is available free of cost only on myAadhaar portal and Rs 50 will continue to be charged at physical Aadhaar centers. UIDAI is encouraging all residents of the country to upload Proof of Identity and Proof of Address (POI / POA) documents to re-verify their demographic details.
Especially for those whose Aadhaar was issued 10 years back and never updated. So they still have a chance to update for free.
Take advantage of free service like this
- First of all by using your Aadhaar number https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ log onto.
- After this select the option ‘Proceed to Update Address’.
- One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- One just needs to click on ‘Update Document’ and the existing details of the resident will appear.
- An Aadhaar holder needs document verification, if found correct, click on the next hyperlink.
- In the next screen, the resident has to select the Proof of Identity and Proof of Address documents from the dropdown list.
- Upload the scanned copy of the address proof and select the ‘Submit’ button. After that upload the copies of the same to update the documents.
- The Aadhaar update request will be accepted, and a 14 digit Update Request Number (URN) will be generated.
- After this, the list of updated POA and POI documents will appear on the official website of UIDAI.
Also Read – Can Indians Have Dual Citizenship? This method may work for you
Explain that the status of Aadhaar address update can be checked using the Update Request Number (URN). Once updated, you can download the updated version and get a printed Aadhaar card.