As part of the Digital India initiative, UIDAI has taken the decision and urged the Aadhaar holders to avail the free document update facility on the myAadhaar portal.
Image Credit source: File Photo
UIDAI Aadhaar Free Update: Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has decided to allow all residents of the country to update documents in their Aadhaar online for free, this will benefit lakhs of countrymen. As part of the Digital India initiative, UIDAI has taken the decision and asked the Aadhaar holders myAadhaar Portal You are requested to take advantage of the free document update facility. This free service is available for the next three months, i.e. from March 15 to June 14, 2023.
If you need to change the demographic details (name, date of birth, address etc.) in your Aadhaar card, Aadhaar card holders can use the online update service for this at no cost for 3 months or visit the nearest Aadhaar You can go to the center, here you will have to pay a fee of 50 rupees.
read this also – Aadhaar Card: Golden opportunity to update 10 years old Aadhaar, do it for free
Update online like this
- First of all by using Aadhaar number myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in You have to go to and login.
- After this, One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the registered mobile number, enter it.
- Here the person just needs to click on ‘Update Document’ and the current details of the resident will be displayed.
- Aadhaar holder needs to verify the details, if found correct, click on the next hyper-link.
- In the next screen, the resident has to select the Proof of Identity and Proof of Address document from the dropdown list and upload the scanned copy of the same to update his/her documents.
- Now the updated and list of acceptable POA and POI documents is available on the official website of UIDAI.
Government is running 1,200 government schemes
Explain that around 1,200 government schemes and programs run by both the central and state governments are using Aadhaar-based identification for delivery of services. Apart from this, many other services by service providers including financial institutions like banks, NBFCs etc. are also using Aadhaar to authenticate and onboard customers.
read this also – How safe is money in banks: 5 lakh deposit guarantee should be increased, common man’s trust will increase
Aadhaar can be updated every 10 years
As per the Aadhaar Enrollment and Update Regulation, 2016, Aadhaar holders can update their supporting documents in Aadhaar by submitting POI and POA documents at least once every 10 years from the date of enrollment for Aadhaar, so that Continuous accuracy of their information can be ensured.