95 percent of children aged 13 to 17 are using social media. (Photo courtesy: sustainhealth.fit)
Social media is controlling the minds of children. it their mental health can be badly damaged. This claim has been made by American surgeon Vivek Murthy. They warning advisory Issuing said that social media Can not be called safe for children. However, there are some ways with the help of which parents can protect children from its dangers and the dangers of mental health can be reduced.
Let us first understand how social media is leaving a bad effect on the mind. According to the advisory, it is affecting their ability to sleep, reducing their self-confidence and taking a toll on their eating habits. Apart from this, maliciousness is being created in them regarding body shape. In such a situation, the risk of deteriorating mental health of teenagers who are spending more than 3 hours daily is also high. As a result, at such a young age, he is battling depression and anxiety.
Understand the effect of social media on children and teenagers in 5 points
- According to the report, children and teenagers start using mobile at a very young age. This is the biggest problem. If parents can keep them away from mobile till this age, then this is the biggest solution. Keep in mind that the younger the brain, the more at risk it is. That’s why keeping them away from mobile till teenage is the right solution.
- According to a report, social media is the cause of depression and anxiety in 30 percent of children and adolescents. This is creating a problem in keeping the thinking of children positive. They are unable to prepare themselves to deal with bad situations. There is a lack of positive thinking inside them. Pew Research Center Internet survey says that 35 percent of teenagers are spending continuous time on social media. Of these, 50 think that they can never leave it.
- Sapien Lab’s study says that to understand its effect, we studied 27 thousand youths using smartphones. It was revealed in the research that many types of problems related to mental health arose in them due to the use of smartphones. Those who used smartphones at a young age, the risk of mental health problems like depression is also high.
- The advisory also says that many teenagers say that social media helps them to accept themselves. Helps in bad times and connects with friends and also makes creative. In such a situation, policymakers need to make such rules that help in increasing the benefits of social media and its dangers can be prevented.
- Many such reports have come in which the dangers of social media have been told. In America, 95 percent of children between the ages of 13 and 17 are using social media. Out of this, 40 percent are those who use it continuously.
Also read: India will soon use supercomputer to forecast weather