PM Modi’s visit to Egypt is being described as a game changer for Egypt.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached Egypt on Saturday. through this journey Egypt Of President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi Many issues including defence, anti-terror cooperation, extremism will be discussed. This is the first visit of an Indian Prime Minister to Egypt after 1997. This visit of PM Modi can prove to be a game changer for Egypt. This visit has many meanings and Egypt will directly get many benefits from it.
Relations between India and Egypt have improved over the past few years. In the same year, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi came to India and became the chief guest of the Republic Day.
How important is PM Modi’s visit to Egypt, understand in 5 points
- Struggle to speed up the economy: Egypt has been trying to improve the economic condition of the country for some time now. The meeting of the President of Egypt with the leaders of France before PM Modi tells its story. Now Egypt can get the benefit of this visit of PM Modi. His visit could open the way for Egypt’s entry into the BRICS Economic Block. Investment in North African countries may increase towards India. Whose direct benefit will be given to Egypt.
- Trying to make an alternative to help in many matters including food: First the pandemic of COVID and then the Russia-Ukraine war. Both these things had a bad effect on Egypt. Due to the war, up to 80 percent of the food supply from Russia and Ukraine to Egypt was badly affected. This affected Egypt’s foreign exchange reserve. Despite the ban on wheat exports in 2022, India helped Egypt and sent 61,500 metric tonnes of wheat there. Now Egypt is trying to bring India closer.
- Efforts to increase investment: In the last few years, the President of Egypt made three visits to India. They want India’s investment in Egypt to increase. International affairs experts say that Egypt wants its business relations with India to be strong so that the country can move forward on the path of progress. The desire to join BRICS countries is giving this message. Through this, Egypt wants to reduce its debt and wants to improve the situation in terms of trade.
- Pressure to handle falling currency: Egypt is also included in the countries where the effect of the war between Russia and Ukraine was seen the most. After the war, the value of the Egyptian currency has almost halved. Many foreign investors have stopped investing in Egyptian markets. Analysts say, in such circumstances PM Modi’s visit to Egypt can bring great relief for him.
- Trying to get back status: In Aljazeera’s report, Fazzur Rahman Siddiqui, Senior Research Fellow of the Indian Council of World Affairs, says that India intends to emerge as an important power in the South. Since PM Modi came to power, India has tried to broaden the reach of its foreign policy. India started 20 new missions on the African continent. Egypt has lost its status in Palestine, Ethiopia and many African countries in the last few years. Now Egypt can also get the benefit of India’s growing stature.
Also read: India-Egypt strategic partnership, how much will the trade of both the countries increase?