Nowadays, most people do their bank related work online only. People use smartphones or laptops for banking related work.
Image Credit source: Representational Image
Nowadays, most people do their bank related work online only. People use smartphones or laptops for banking related work. But while doing so, they also need to be very careful. This is because now even cyber criminals have started taking advantage of it. Spear phishing is one of the methods they use. Let us tell you about it.
What is spear fishing?
Fraud is done through email in spill fishing. In this, a particular organization is made the target. And there is an attempt to take unauthorized access to its confidential data.
keep these things in mind
- First of all, if a form comes in the message, in which you are asked for any kind of personal information, then stop immediately. Also check it again.
- At the same time, without first contacting the sender of the email and verifying that the email is genuine, no response should be given to it.
- Also check the email address displayed on the screen, whether it exactly matches the email address used within your company or not.
- Do not open attachments given in such emails as they may contain virus.
- Never delete any email with it. Immediately inform the IT department or the computer support contact of your company so that action can be taken against them.
- Also check whether the sender associated with the email is actually from the company or not.
- Lastly, if you are redirected to a website, check that as well. Check that the website should belong to your company.
Apart from this, these days many reports of scams are coming out through messages. Messengers sometimes harass users in different ways, most of the messages are about some policy or offer. At the same time, fraud or scam can also happen with you in these messages.