PM Modi will inaugurate the new Parliament House on May 28.
The country is about to get a new parliament, PM Narendra Modi Will inaugurate it on May 28, as this date draws closer Parliament People’s excitement about it is increasing. Questions are arising in the mind that what will be special in the new Parliament House?
The foundation stone of the new Parliament building being built under the Central Vista Project was laid by PM Modi on 10 December 2020. It is not only beautiful to look at, but also very strong in terms of security. Along with the seating arrangements for MPs, the library, lounge and chambers here have also been equipped with modern facilities. Let us understand in 10 points that what else is going to be special in the new Parliament.
What will be special in the new Parliament House
- The building of the new Parliament House will be of 4 storeys, this building has been made completely earthquake resistant. Its biggest attraction is the greenery of the building complex.
- Here seating arrangements have been made for 1272 members, that is, there are 888 seats in the Lok Sabha and 384 seats in the Rajya Sabha. Whereas in the old Parliament there were only 550 seats for the Lok Sabha and 250 seats in the Rajya Sabha.
- The Vista Project started in 2019. Under this, a new Parliament House is being built, which will be in an area of 65400 square feet. About 1200 crore rupees have been spent on the construction of the new Parliament House.
- There is a large central hall, library and committee rooms equipped with state-of-the-art facilities along with Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha. The marshals who will be posted here will have a new dress.
- In the new Parliament House built under the project of Central Vista, the theme of the Lok Sabha is on the national bird peacock and the theme of the Rajya Sabha is on the national flower lotus.
- The three gates of the Parliament House have been named Gyan Dwar, Shakti Dwar and Karma Dwar, a central lounge has also been built here, which will also have a banyan tree in its open part.
- The Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and Central Hall in the new Parliament House will have windows of different sizes, symbolizing the country’s diversity.
- The new parliament building is going to be the most special in the world, before designing it, the team had visited the parliaments of Germany, Egypt, Cuba and Singapore, which are said to be the most special in the world.
- In the new Parliament, there will be a desk for all the MPs to write, till now this arrangement was only for the MPs sitting in the front row.
- Sengol (scepter) will be kept near the speaker’s seat in the new parliament building, this arrangement was not there in the old parliament. Till now Sengol was in Allahabad Museum.