aadhaar qr codeImage Credit source: File Photo
Aadhar card is one of the most important documents in India at present. It acts as your identity proof anywhere in the country. A person’s details such as iris scan, fingerprint and photograph are linked to the Aadhaar card. Also, it is necessary to have Aadhaar card and PAN link to file income tax return. UIDAI issues Aadhaar card by collecting demographic and biometric data of an individual so that allocation of certain government benefits and subsidies to all citizens of the country can be done with greater streamlining and clarity.
Aadhaar has a 12 digit Personal Identification Number and it should be checked from time to time whether the Aadhaar number is still active and has not been deactivated. In case you are unaware, Aadhaar card can be deactivated due to various reasons. Such as mismatch with the details in the biometrics, or if you have failed to update the biometrics of your children when they are 5 years old and 15 years old. Also, there are some scammers who try to make fake Aadhaar cards. That is why UIDAI is providing the facility of verification. The verification will enable us to ensure that we have the original Aadhaar Card and that the card contains the correct details or not.
Verify via QR code
- First of all, you have to download mAadhaar app from Google Play Store.
- After opening the app, click on the QR code icon, which you will find at the top right corner of the screen.
- The QR code on the Aadhaar card, e-Aadhaar, or Aadhaar PVC has to be scanned with the camera of your mobile.
- The complete details of the Aadhaar card will appear in front of you.
read this also – If you get lost somewhere Get the credit card blocked like this, the problem will go away
Verify your name like this
- Visit the UIDAI website and enter the Enrollment ID given to you during the process of registration.
- Enter the security code that you will get in the security box and click on ‘Check Status’.
- You will get to see the status of your Aadhaar number or Aadhaar card on the screen.