This 10 digit alphanumeric code issued by the Income Tax Department helps in tracking all your financial transactions.
Image Credit source: File Photo
PAN Address Change By Aadhaar: If you are an Indian tax payer, you are probably aware of the importance of Permanent Account Number (PAN) card. This 10 digit alphanumeric code issued by the Income Tax Department helps in tracking all your financial transactions. This is not just limited to tax-related matters, but is also required for major purchases, pensions, bank accounts and availing benefits under various government schemes.
On the other hand, Aadhaar card is a 12-digit identification number which acts as a unique identity proof for Indian citizens. The government has made it easy for all individuals in the country to change or update their PAN card address if they have a valid Aadhaar.
Change address like this
- To update your PAN card address with Aadhaar, you need to visit the UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited portal.
- After entering your PAN card number, Aadhaar number, email ID and mobile number, click on the option ‘Aadhaar e-KYC Address Update’. Fill the captcha, agree to the terms and conditions and click on the submit button.
- You will then receive an OTP on your registered mobile number or email ID, which you will need to enter on the portal.
- Once you do this, your Aadhaar details will be used to update the address on your PAN card.
- You will receive an email and SMS confirming the update.
Explain that Aadhaar card makes it easy for Indian citizens to update their PAN card address online. It is a quick and efficient process that ensures that your PAN card accurately reflects your current address.