HDFC Bank, the country’s largest private lender, has revised its interest rates on bulk fixed deposits of more than Rs 2 crore and less than Rs 5 crore. After the change, the bank will currently give 4.75 per cent to 7 per cent interest for the general public and 5.25 per cent to 7.75 per cent for senior citizens on deposits of 7 days to 10 years. The highest interest is being offered on FDs ranging from 1 year to 15 months. Senior citizens will be given 7.75 percent and regular customers will be given 7.25 percent interest. According to the official website of HDFC Bank, the new bulk FD rates have come into effect from May 27, 2023.
hdfc bank new bulk fd rates
- The bank is now paying 4.75 per cent interest on bulk deposits of 7 to 29 days.
- 5.50% interest will be available on bulk FDs of 30 – 45 days.
- Bulk FD of 46 – 60 days will be given an interest rate of 5.75 percent.
- The bank is promising 6% interest on bulk FDs of 61 – 89 days.
- Bulk FDs of 90 days to 6 months will get an interest rate of 6.50 percent.
- 6.65 percent interest rate will be available on bulk FDs of 6 months, 1 day to 9 months.
- The bank will have an interest rate of 6.75 per cent on bulk FDs of 9 months, 1 day to 1 year.
- Bulk FDs of 1 year to 15 months will get an interest rate of 7.25 percent.
- The bank will pay an interest rate of 7.05 per cent on bulk FDs between 15 months and two years.
- Bulk FD interest rate from two years to one day to ten years will be 7 percent.
Senior citizens will earn big
On fixed deposits of 7 days to 5 years, senior citizens will get 50 basis points additional interest rate or 0.50 percent more than the standard rates. However, 0.25 percent extra premium will be given on FDs of 5 years to 10 years. This means that on FDs of 5 to 10 years, senior citizens will get 0.75 percent interest more than the standard rate.