EscImage Credit source: File Photo
Employees State Insurance Scheme (ESIC) has added 17.88 lakh new members in the month of April. Which has registered an increase of 2.8% in April on a monthly basis as compared to the month of March. Labor Ministry says as per preliminary payroll data of ESIC, around 30,249 new establishments have been registered and employees have been brought under the social security net of Employees State Insurance Corporation in the month of April, 2023, thus ensuring greater coverage Is.
Further, workers up to 25 years of age constituted 47% of the total workforce employed in the formal sector under ESIC in the month under consideration, of the total 17.8 lakh formal workers added in April, 8.3 lakh were youth.
The Ministry of Labor and Employment said that the number of women employees covered in the scheme in April was 3.5 lakh, in April this year 63 transgender employees were also registered under the ESI scheme. This shows that ESIC is committed to give its benefits to every section of the society. The Employees’ State Insurance Corporation is one of the two main statutory social security organizations under the Ministry of Labor and Employment, the other being the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation. The fund is managed by ESIC as per the rules and regulations laid down in the ESI Act 1948.
Explain that all employees earning up to Rs 21,000 per month as salary contribute 0.75% of their salary, while the employer contributes 3.25%, the total contribution is 4%, which is used for medical and cash benefits to the employees and their families. is done to provide.
read this also – Amazing work of physics, left a job worth 40 crores and set up a company worth 4000 crores
By January 2023 there were 131.6 crore beneficiaries
Registered employees under this scheme are entitled to medical treatment for themselves and their dependents, unemployment cash benefits in certain contingencies and maternity benefits in case of women employees. There is also a provision for disability benefit and family pension in case of employment related disability or death respectively. By January 2023, there were 33.9 crore insured persons and 131.6 crore beneficiaries in this scheme.