7th Pay CommissionImage Credit source: File Photo
If you do a government job then there is very good news for you. The government has increased the dearness allowance (DA) for the employees by not 4 but by 8 per cent. But the most important thing is that only the government employees of Gujarat state will get the benefit of 8 percent increased Dearness Allowance (DA). The increase in DA also includes all government employees and pensioners of the state.
Significantly, the Central Government had recently increased the DA of central employees by 4 percent, giving effect to the increase in dearness allowance. These hardworking employees are now enjoying the benefits of 42 percent DA. This increase came into effect from 1 January 2023. Now the increased DA of the Gujarat government will also be effective from January 1, 2023.
9.50 lakh employees will take advantage
The state government has announced that around 9.50 lakh pensioners and government employees will take advantage of this. This increase of Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel will undoubtedly give a lot to the hardworking employees and pensioners of the state. Due to the courtesy of the state government, there has been a double concrete increase in dearness allowance. The 8 per cent increase in Dearness Allowance has been strategically divided into two distinct phases.
The first 4 percent hike was implemented on July 1, 2022, while the second hike is in line with the central government’s protocol starting January 1, 2023, with an additional 4 percent hike. As a result, the dearness allowance of the employees has been increased by a total of 8 percent due to several efforts of the government.
read this also – This is how you can get out of the application of high pension, have to do this work
Employees of these states are getting benefit
You have to keep in mind that the increase in Dearness Allowance (DA) is not limited to the state of Gujarat. The Tamil Nadu government, under the leadership of the central government, has also recently increased the dearness allowance by 4 percent in compliance with the recommendations given by the Seventh Pay Commission. Apart from this, dearness allowance has been increased by 3 percent in many other states including Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan and Assam. Due to which the employees of many states are getting the benefit of increased Dearness Allowance (DA).