Mumbai . Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar has been admitted to the hospital after being infected with Corona. He is admitted in Breach Candy Hospital (ICU) in Mumbai. Lata Mangeshkar’s niece Rachna Shah confirmed the news to news agency ANI and said that she has mild symptoms.
According to ANI’s tweet, Rachna said, “She is doing fine, considering her age, she has been kept in ICU for precautionary reasons. Please respect our privacy and keep Didi in your prayers.”
It may be mentioned that Lata Mangeshkar was earlier admitted to the hospital in September 2019 after she complained of breathlessness. At that time Rachna had said in her statement “Lata didi was suffering from a viral chest infection, so we took her to the hospital. But now she is on her way to recovery. Thanks for your concern”
The 92-year-old singer has recorded over 1,000 songs in several languages including Hindi. He has also received three National Film Awards, Dadasaheb Phalke Award and Bharat Ratna among other honours.
Last month, Lata Mangeshkar made a tweet to commemorate 80 years of her radio debut, in which she wrote ,, “On 16th December 1941, after taking the blessings of my parents, I played radio in the studio for the first time. It has been 80 years today. In these 80 years, I have received immense love and blessings from people. I am sure that I will always get your love and blessings.”
Mumbai is witnessing a rapid increase in the number of COVID-19 cases including the Omicron variant, due to which many celebrities have also fallen prey to it.
first published:Jan. 11, 2022, 1:24 p.m.