Why do brain stroke cases increase in winter?
Our brain needs the most blood in our body, 75 percent of the blood present in the body flows to the brain and the remaining 25 percent to the entire body. Blood is pumped from the heart and reaches the brain through veins, but when clotting occurs due to thickening of blood in these veins, the blood flow gets blocked, resulting in brain stroke.
Cases increase in winter
There are three reasons for the increase in brain stroke cases in winter-
– Thickening of blood in winter – Due to low temperature in winter, the blood of the body naturally becomes thick which increases the problem of blood pressure, high BP is also a major reason for brain stroke. Therefore, in its treatment, medicines are given to keep the blood thin.
– Less physical activity – Due to cold in winter, people’s physical activity reduces. People prefer to stay in the quilt at home instead of going outside, due to which the problem of high BP increases.
– Wrong eating habits – People’s diet usually increases in winter and people like to eat more spicy fried food in winter, this also thickens the blood and increases cholesterol.
Brain stroke occurs due to two reasons
– Clotting- The stroke that occurs due to clotting of blood in the veins of the brain is called ischemic stroke. 80 percent of brain stroke cases are ischemic strokes.
– Bleeding- Due to any internal injury or high blood pressure, the blood veins burst, which is called hemorrhagic stroke, it is more dangerous in which it becomes difficult to save the life of the person.
symptoms of brain stroke
When brain stroke occurs, such symptoms appear in a person, which should be identified and treated immediately so that the life of the person can be saved.
– Weakness in one part of the body or it stops working completely
– stammering or stammering
– Stumbling steps or difficulty in balancing
– sudden fainting
– severe headache
Difficulty in lifting arms and legs
– blurred vision
– drooping of one side of the face
More risk with increasing age
The risk of brain stroke often occurs after 65 years or people who have a family history of brain stroke can also become its victim. The problem of high BP also increases the risk of brain stroke.
To avoid brain stroke, a person should take the following precautions
– Avoid smoking
– Do not drink alcohol
– reduce obesity
– Keep cholesterol under control
– Increase physical activity
– Keep BP and sugar under control
– get enough sleep
– Do not take stress