MumbaiSuperstar Salman Khan on Monday said that he was bitten thrice by a non-venomous snake and he is fortunate that no major problems have arisen. Salman’s hand was bitten by a snake on Saturday night at a farm house near Panvel in Raigad district, adjoining Mumbai. The actor was taken to a hospital in Navi Mumbai’s Kamothe and was discharged from the hospital on Sunday morning.
Salman Khan returned from there to his farm house, where he celebrated his 56th birthday on Monday with his family and friends. He told reporters on Monday that a snake had entered a room in his ‘Arpita Farm House’. When Salman was trying to get him out, the snake bit him. Salman said he spoke to his worried father and screenwriter Salim Khan after the incident and reassured him by saying that “both Tiger and Snake” are alive.
Salman’s character was named ‘Tiger’ in the hit films ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ and ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’. The actor told reporters, “When my father came to know about the incident, he asked is the snake okay, alive? I told him that both ‘Tiger’ and the snake are alive. He asked whether the snake was hurt, I said – no, we handled it with great care and love and left it in the forest.
Salman told that the children present in the room were scared and after that he went to get the snake out of there. He said, “I asked for a stick. The stick that was brought was small. Then I asked for a big stick and lovingly took it out, but the snake stuck on the stick and came closer to my hand. After this I held him by the hand, so that he would release the stick. The local people knew that there was a Kandhari snake and they started shouting ‘Kandhari, Kandhari, Kandhari’. In the same noise, a snake bit me once. After this, when there was more noise, he bit me again. There was a ruckus, people started saying ‘hospital, hospital, it is poisonous’ and again he bit me.”
The actor was immediately taken to the hospital, where it was found that the snake was without venom. Salman was given an anti-venom vaccine at the hospital and was discharged after being kept under observation for six hours. Salman told that even after reaching the farm house from the hospital, the snake was still there and after posing for a picture with him, he was released in the forest.
The actor said, “My sister was very scared, but I made friends with the snake and also took a picture with her before leaving her in the forest. Maybe he too was scared, that’s why he bit me.” Salman said, “The hospital was well organized, well equipped, they had all kinds of anti-snake venom vaccines. Commissioner of Police (Navi Mumbai) Bipin Kumar, our MLA Sandeep Naik also reached the hospital and it helped a lot.”