Where is the Squash World Cup taking place?Image Credit source: PTI
Sports Current Affairs: Sports questions are definitely asked in the current affairs section in the government job exams. For the preparation of this section, we will learn about Squash World Cup. Fourth Squash World Cup 2023 is going on in Chennai. This championship is going to run from 13 to 17 June. Eight teams of the world including India are involved in this. It is being organized by the World Squash Federation. In this copy, information will be found that when squash started in the world? Which World Cup event is this? What are the important changes made in this match?
Teams from India, China, Malaysia, South Africa, Hong Kong, Japan, Egypt, Australia and Colombia are participating in this World Cup. Two men and two women players are participating from each country.
read this also: US made a law to take away the status of developing country from which country?
When did the Squash World Cup happen?
- The first Squash World Cup was played in the year 1996 in Malaysia. Australia won in this match.
- The second World Cup match was played in the Netherlands, in which England became the champion.
- In the year 2011, the third World Cup was played in Chennai and it was won by Egypt.
- Now again the fourth World Cup is being played in Chennai, India.
- Means it is such a game, whose World Cup competition is not happening every year.
This time an important change has been made in the World Cup. Gender equality has been taken care of in this match. The number of male and female players is equal. Asian Games medalists Joshna Chinappa, Sourav Ghosal as well as Tanvi Khanna and Abhay Singh are representing India. Another change has been made for the first time, that the match will be played till seven points.
The World Cup’s organizing body, the World Squash Federation, was formed in the year 1967. It is a member of the Global Association of International Sports Federations. Presently the number of member countries of this organization is 123.