Japan raises age of consent for sex
Current Affairs Question: To score well in government exams current affairs But command has to be made. For better preparation, questions on international topics are being given. On June 16, the Japanese Parliament has approved the draft related to changes in the law related to sexual relations. In the changed system, the age of consensual sex has been raised to 16 years. Till now it was only 13 years.
Under the new law in Japan, sex with a person under the age of 16 will be considered rape, but with certain conditions, a consensual relationship can also be made between the ages of 13 and 15. Punishment will be there only if the age of the accused is more than five years of the victim. If it is less than this, then there will be no punishment. Men will also be covered by this law. The punishment was three years, now it has been increased to five years.
Read this also: These questions are important for the preparation of Sports Current Affairs, make notes
What is the age in which country?
Let us know what is the legal age in this regard in other countries of the world? Which country has the lowest age of consenting sex? As such, the age of consensual sex is between 12 and 21 years all over the world.
- In two countries, Angola and the Philippines, the age of consensual sex is set at 12. This is the youngest in the world.
- In the African country Niger, this age is 13 years. Till now it was only 13 years in Japan.
- In China this limit is 14 years. In Austria, Italy, Serbia, Germany, Portugal also the age limit is fixed at 14 years. In countries like Afghanistan, Yemen and Qatar, there is a complete ban on having sex before marriage.
- In Ireland, Cyprus, the age of consensual sex is fixed at 17 years.
- In India, Chile, Argentina, Vietnam, Turkey this age limit is 18 years.
- The legal age is 15 in the Grenadines, Saint Vicente, Costa Rica, Honduras and Aruba.
- In the United States, the general age limit for consensual sex is between 16 and 18. Here every state has made separate laws for itself.
- The age of consensual sex in the South American countries of Ecuador, Bolivia, Brazil, Peru and Paraguay is 14 years.