In the nine-month period ending December 2022, the company generated revenue of Rs 3,011.8 crore, registering a growth of 15.5 per cent on a year-on-year basis.
Image Credit source: File Photo
Tata Group IPO: There is good news for those investing in the stock market. Tata Group is bringing its IPO after 19 years. In fact, Tata Technologies, a subsidiary of Tata Motors, has submitted documents to the market regulator for the IPO. No new shares will be issued in the IPO. Only the shares of promoter Tata Motors and two other shareholders will be kept in the sale. This means that stock market investors have a good chance to earn.
Giving information, Tata Motors said that we would like to inform you that Tata Motors Limited subsidiary of Tata Technologies has informed that it has filed a Draft Red Herring Prospectus for its IPO with SEBI today, March 9, 2023. Last year, Tata Motors had approved the IPO of its tech arm.
What information did Tata Tech give to SEBI
- 95,708,984 equity shares will be sold through IPO.
- This share is 23.60 per cent of the total paid-up share capital of the company.
- Tata Motors holds a total stake of 74.42 per cent in Tata Technologies.
- Alpha TC holds 8.96 per cent stake in the company.
- Tata Capital Growth Fund holds 4.48 per cent stake in Tata Tech.
- Tata Motors will sell 81,133,706 equity shares in this IPO.
- Alpha TC Holdings will sell 9,716,853 equity shares.
- Tata Capital will sell 4,858,425 shares through this IPO.
How much profit did the company make
The engineering unit of Tata Motors works on automotive, aerospace, industrial heavy machinery. In the nine-month period ending December 2022, the company generated revenue of Rs 3,011.8 crore, registering a growth of 15.5 per cent on a year-on-year basis. In the period of nine months, the profit of the company was seen at Rs 407.5 crore.
Group’s IPO has been after 19 years
Tata Group’s IPO is coming after 19 years. Earlier in the year 2004, the IPO of the country’s largest IT company TCS came. In December, satellite TV operator Tata Play filed a ‘pre-file’ DRHP or confidential IPO document with Sebi, becoming the first company to do so under the new regulation.