If you get LPG kit installed in your car, then you will have to make some changes in the engine of the car.
CNG Vs LPG In Car: Petrol prices are not ready to come down from the sky, that is why many people are shifting towards CNG cars, but in many states of the country there is no significant difference between the prices of petrol and CNG. In such a situation, car owners are also looking for the option of CNG.
Recently, the government has reduced the prices of domestic gas cylinder LPG by Rs 200, after which many people think that CNG cars can be run on LPG. If you are also thinking something similar, then you should know that driving on LPG gas can cause a lot of harm.
Can a car run on LPG?
read this also
The car can be run on LPG, the gas found in the LPG cylinder, but for this some changes will have to be made in the engine of the car, because the car companies make settings in the cars according to running on CNG. In such a situation, you may have to spend some money before running the car on LPG.
Is it right to use LPG to drive a car?
If put in simple words, the answer is no. You cannot run a CNG car with LPG. Both LPG and CNG are different types of gases, which have different properties and uses. CNG car cannot run on LPG, because the pressure, temperature, burning temperature and energy properties of these two gases are different.
The engine, fuel tank, hose and nozzle of a CNG car are made for CNG only, which are not suitable for LPG. If you drive a CNG car with LPG, you may have to face the following problems.
- The mileage of the car will reduce, because the calorific value of LPG is lower than CNG.
- The car engine can be damaged because LPG contains sulfur, which causes rust and wear of engine parts.
- The car may catch fire because LPG leaks quickly and catches fire easily.
- Many times there have been cases of explosions in cars due to LPG.
- The car’s warranty may be void, as companies do not approve CNG cars for LPG. If you do this, you will not get any kind of service or repair facility.
Therefore, driving a CNG car with LPG can not only damage the car but can also pose a threat to your life. It is completely illegal to use LPG cylinder in a CNG car. We would advise you not to run CNG car with LPG, but use CNG only.