Maruti Jimny and Maruti GypsyImage Credit source: File Photo
in january this year Auto Expo 2023 was organized. Many cars made a splash in the country’s biggest motor show. at auto expo Maruti Suzuki Jimny Has been one of those cars that grabbed the attention of most people. The upcoming SUV will be launched in the market to compete with the powerful SUVs like Mahindra Thar and Force Gurkha. On the other hand, the Jimny is being touted as the next incarnation of the legendary SUV of its time, the Maruti Gypsy. Today we will know the difference between these two SUVs.
At present, the prices of Maruti Jimny have not been disclosed. However, its booking is already on. The upcoming SUV is also getting good response from the customers. At the same time, there are some people who will feel a connection with the Gypsy SUV in the form of Jimny. So let’s see how Jimny and Gypsy are different.
Also read- Up to 40,000 discount on buying Tata Safari, save big like this
Maruti Jimny vs Gypsy: Comparison
Here are 5 differences between the Maruti Jimny and the Gypsy.
- The length of the Jimny is 25mm less than the Maruti Gypsy, while the width is 105mm more. However, the wheelbase of the Jimny is longer than the Gypsy by 215mm.
- The Maruti Jimny will get an extra set of doors at the rear. This is the first time in the history of the company that this has happened. At the same time, the place of spare wheel is different in both the SUVs.
- Also, the Gypsy is taller as compared to the Jimny. The Gypsy got a soft top and a plastic option for the roof, while the Jimny only got a metal hard top roof.
- Maruti Jimny’s 1.5 liter petrol engine is more powerful as Gypsy used to use 1.3 liter petrol engine. The Jimny gets a 5 speed manual/4 speed automatic transmission option, while the Gypsy only had a 5 speed gearbox.
- Maruti Jimny is a new off-road SUV, which will come with many latest and modern features. Whereas, Maruti Gypsy was discontinued in 2018. That’s why more advanced features will be available in Jimny.
Maruti Suzuki is all set to make a comeback in the off-road segment with the 5-door Jimny. The launch of this car can happen in the coming weeks.
Also read- Traffic challan was cut? Every detail will be found on this website