Luxury CarsImage Credit source: File Photo
Car sales in India are increasing continuously. Not only this, Indians are also very fond of luxury cars. Yes, according to the figures of FY 2023, there has been a jump of 29 percent in the sale of luxury cars in the country. it means that MercedesVehicles like BMW and Audi are being sold indiscriminately. Now the question is which company sells maximum number of luxury cars in the Indian market. You can read the answer to this question further and know which are the top 5 luxury car brands in the country.
Despite all kinds of challenges in the auto sector, luxury car brands have managed to show their mettle. According to data from JATO Dynamic India, seven luxury car companies have sold 36,508 units in FY2023. On the other hand, only 28,329 units were sold in FY2022. These figures show that people in India are preferring to buy latest and expensive cars.
Also read- Data of Toyota customers gets leaked, did not get a clue for 10 years
Top 5 Luxury Car Brands
These are India’s top 5 luxury car companies
- Mercedes-Benz: Mercedes Benz is India’s number 1 luxury car company. In FY2023, the German auto brand has sold 15,790 units. The LWB E-Class is the best selling car of the company.
- BMW: Germany’s auto brand BMW is at number two. In 2023, the company has sold 11,175 units. The company’s best selling models include the 3 Series sedan, X1 and the 2 Series.
- Audi: Audi is the third largest luxury car maker in the country with sales of 5,120 units. Under the Audi brand, cars like A6 sedan, Q5, A4, Q7 are the top selling cars.
- Volvo: Volvo Auto India has captured the fourth number. The company has sold 1,879 cars in 2023. Volvo’s XC60 and XC40 were the models that were well received.
- Land Rover: Land Rover had to be content with number five. The company has made it to the top-5 brands with sales of 1,678 units. The most popular models were Land Rover Defender, Velar, Discovery Sport etc.
Also read- Bumper sales of these SUVs last month, these models remained in demand